Day 1: 20 Favorite Smells
Today is the eleventh of October, and in twenty days it will be the thirty first of October. That day not only marks Halloween (yay!) but also my the day in which I turn twenty. Thus, I shall now begin
20 LISTS OF 20 THINGS FOR EACH DAY LEADING UP TO DILLONS 20TH BIRTHDAY.
For day 1 I completed a suggestion from Amy, wanting me to list 20 of my favorite smells.
I used to have a better sense of smell than I do now, and I fear that I may end up like my mom who has lost her sense of smell for the most part. It amazes me how many different scents are produced in the world, and here are just some of my favorites.
1. Rain - I'm such a Seatllite, but I love the smell of rain, especially just as it's starting up.
2. Coffee - I think I like the smell more than the taste a lot of the time.
3. Peppermint - Especially around the holidays, but whenever I catch a whiff of peppermint, the immediacy of its scent overwhelms me, in the most refreshing of ways.
4. Rosemary - Find a rosemary bush. Rub a sprig in between your fingers. Smell. That's all I have to say.
5. Basil - See number 5.
6. Old Spice - Like the deodorant and body wash for men. I like the way it smells.
7. Pine tree - Real pine scent from a real tree, none of that fake stuff you hang on your rear view mirror.
8. Laser cut MDF - Not many people can relate to the love of this smell, but those who do know what I'm talking about will agree with me.
9. Smoke from birthday candles - I don't like smoke, no. But there is something about these candles, not even regular candles, that I just really like getting the slightest smell of.
11. Lemon zest - And most citrus smells actually. One of those odd sort of sweet-and-sour-confuse-you-senses smells.
12. New book - No explanation necessary.
13. Shaving cream - I don't particularly like it in my nose, but for some odd reason I like the smell of it.
14. Vanilla - It's comforting and nostalgic to smell vanilla.
15. Baked goods, in the process of being baked
16. Raw fish - This is probably the only really weird one, but I really like the smell of fresh, raw fish. Like the salty, fishy smell, not like how cat food smells or something like that.
17. Chai tea - Just one of those things that smells magical, like you could smell it and it would grant you three wishes. Magical.
18. Marinara sauce
19. Balsamic vinegar
20. Crisp, clean air - Especially after being in a musky room, with no air circulating and you step outside and the wind blows directly into your face and right as you inhale your lungs are filled with this delightfully crisp air.
What are some of yours?