Today I start coaching again, and I'm actually pretty excited about it. There is really no reason not to be excited about it unless we recall last summer and how overworked I was starting at 5 am every morning and going until 3 pm at the earliest and 11 pm at the latest. A lot of time spent at pools. This pool in particular. But this year is different. I will not be life guarding at all this summer which will take out the 5 am bit and replaces it with 6:45 am which is much more manageable. The best part about this all is that the president of the pool felt so bad for me last year that I'm getting paid the same amount, but technically doing less. So I'll be getting paid fairly for my duties this year.
That being said, money is stressful. As we grow up everything seems to get more expensive (and no I do not mean solely because of the economy) with college, buying a car, paying for rent, buying furniture, etc. It takes a lot more thought and money than having to choose between video games.
Oh to be a kid again.
But also whoa-I-turn-twenty-one-in-five-months-where-has-the-time-gone. It's a weird feeling knowing that it's almost your turn to be functioning person in society. A lot has happened in the past month, but one of the most impacting was knowing so many people that are graduating and going to start working in their respective locations. It's kind of a bright light at the end of a tunnel scenario, and even though I plan on trying to take in my day to day experiences, I need to be looking forwards in order to get through the grimy stuff.
All that being said, today is a beautiful day. Not only because the sun is out (finally!) but I was able to take care of some business that has lifted a lot of weight from my shoulders.
- I'm on better terms with a a friend from school (if you happen -because apparently you do just happen upon things like this- upon this Adam; yes this is about you) and although it took an awful situation to prompt it I'm glad we cleared the slate.
- I've been watching a lot of Pushing Daisies recently (and if you have never seen an episode go watch it right now. It has also prompted me to decide to bake a pie. I'm thinking strawberry-rhubarb.)
- Money stuff is getting figured out which included returning an unnecessarily pricey case for my new phone, cashing some old bonds, and receiving a bonus from my manager last year.
- Maggie is living in Seattle this summer and arrived today! We plan on meeting up in this magical city later this week.
- I (just) received an envelope of mix CD's from Melany which is beyond awesome (especially considering one one the mixes was supposed to be a Halloween mix..)
<< wearing: boots by florsheim >< socks by uniqlo ><jeans by levi >< hoof pick belt by tory >
< shirt by j.crew >< dri-fit quarter zip by nike from rpi >< watch by timex >< bracelet from syed >
< sunglasses were thrifted >>