I'm still not sure how this phenomenon occurs, but the first week of classes feels like it actually took course over the period of an entire month. It probably has something to do with the fact that I've been here for over 2 weeks now, but 5 days of classes should not have felt that long.
In terms of school:
- For third and fourth years of Architecture school we get put into a process where we rank our top choices for a professor during a given semester and a somewhat rule-based lottery determines if we get our top choice or not. I ended up getting my top choice, but it's different than all the rest because it meets Tuesday Wednesday.
- Because of that, I had to drop a course (I really didn't want to take it anyways) and I picked up another.
- The new course is a prep class getting architects ready to take the test to become LEED accredited which is much more beneficial to me.
- I think I might actually like my courses this semester, even with the large quantities of reading I have to do for Modernity (a history/theory course).
-Where is my motivation to be productive?
In terms of living in an apartment:
- I wish I had a car, or a knew how to and could get a motorcycle or something because I hate having to ask people for rides.
- Cooking on my own is good so far. The meals have been pretty unexciting but they have been healthy and taste good so I'm not complaining!
- I don't even mind not having a dishwasher.
- Note to self and to others in charge of food: don't buy more produce than you can eat. For example, six ears of corn, although a steal, was a pretty unreasonable purchase.
- Follow up: If you do buy more produce than you should have look up ways to use it and keep it fresh longer. For example, cooking the corn and then cutting of the kernels to eat later when you feel like having corn again.
- This goes to anyone who has roommates. You will have problems with your roommates. It is bound to happen, big or small. Just try and resolve any issues in the most rational ways possible. Keep in mind, everyone comes from different ways of living and was taught different ways of doing things.
In other news:
- It is really hot and humid here and I always forget that because it's cold so much the rest of the year. (Note to self: If you end up getting an internship here over the summer invest in a window A/C unit!)
- I really need a haircut.
- Even though I am complaining about heat I just got a quilted jacket for fall because of good labor day deals.
- Kopecky Family Band, Lorde, and Josh Ritter are some recent music choices of mine.
- I'm really happy to be back with my friends on campus, but there are a lot of people that I miss quite a lot; whether they're abroad, graduated, or from different parts of my life.
That turned into a series of lists, and I do not apologize for that.