Dress everyday like you're seeing an old friend




Although while I'm at school I don't really communicate with my pre-college friends, I feel like I should more often. Especially after today. Coming home, you're bound to run into some people you didn't really want to see, and you're bound to make plans with people you actually do want to see. And today I made plans and saw two people that I actually wanted to see. 

I met an old friend today for coffee, and we do this every break we're both home for. I love talking to her and we just talked for hours until our coffees got cold and she had to go to work. Then, I got to see one of my closest friends from our club swimming days, and before he-went-to-college-two-years-before-me days, and I can't believe he's graduating this year already. He's got a good job set out, and a great girlfriend by his side, and I'm just so happy for them. We saw The Hobbit which was quite good, especially considering the fact that they made a 3 hour movie not seem that long. We had a great dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and they somehow managed to pay for my movie ticket and my meal without me noticing. 

These are people that I should really stay in touch with. The good listeners of the world, the ones who love to smile. The ones who pay for dinner, and the ones who dream of the future. Not only should I stay in touch with them, but I should seek out more like them, and welcome them into my life. (Perfect example- the blogger family.)

To end off the day, my family and I finally got our Christmas tree up, lights on it, and decorated all within the time it took for a Christmas music CD to play. 
Slash to actually end it off all of my grades are finally up and I'm upset because the only class I thought I would get an A in I ended up with a B+ in. Really?! REALLY. The only thing that can make this okay is if I remain ranked first in our class, but I doubt that will happen anymore. Time to fix the resumé again.








{boots: Land Ends Canvas >> socks: H&M << green chinos: Lands End Canvas >> shirt: J.Crew << jacket: REI >> scarf: Banana Republic}

Anonymous said...

you make me smile.

Maggie Shirley said...

Yeah, you need to just stop.

shelbyisms said...

I GOT A B+ IN A GRADE I THOUGHT I WOULD GET AN A IN, TOO. I AM GLAD YOU'RE EQUALLY DISTRAUGHT.

I love you.

Lizzie said...

Because I am so observant, I should point out that your pants match the pine garland thing in the background.

Sorry you didn't get an A. It's always frustrating when you get lower than you expected.

Stay awesome. :)

mayte. said...

you and shelby and your b+ that should've been an A.
but I understand (not really though actually, I'll take the b.)
also seriously, thank you so much for the present. and the adorable gemma correll copy card :D

Natalie said...

DILLON WHY ARE YOU SO... YOU. LOOK AT YOU AND YOUR SCARF AND SUCH.

I really love being able to come home and catch up with best friends, even after not seeing them for months at a time, and being able to pick up right where we left off. It's nice, and I'm glad you got to do that too.

© An Integral Design. Design by Fearne.