Sydney: A love Story



I fell in love with Sydney. Weeks later, I still struggle to put a finger on why it was so magical to me but it was magical nonetheless.

Immediately after arriving in the city via subway, Rachel and I walk through a park, at around 11:00 pm. It's warm, quiet, well lit, and I'm more comfortable in this new city than I am in most places.

Our first day was essentially a long walk around the city. As we head north, we notice outdoor pools, the number of people jogging, and realize that the cars drive on the opposite side of the street. We walk through the CBD, the Rocks and out to the coast we end up in front of the Sydney Opera House. After an appropriate amount of time spent gawking, we head down through the royal botanical gardens, south into Darlinghurst to grab lunch. Afterwards, we continued through the town, stopping at Fine Fellows to pick up a couple of issues of Men In This Town, where I met the editor of the magazine. He not only chatted with us about our trip, but recommended some spots to eat and gave me the magazines on the house.







As we walk through Surry Hills back to our lodgings, I'm amazed at how friendly everyone has been to us thus far. Rachel and I had talked to shop owners, baristas, and even a random businessman who thought we were lost; each one as friendly as the last.

Our first day in Sydney set a mood for the next 10 days - tired feet and positive vibes.


Day Guide:
Ate at: Single O Roasters Surry Hills || White Carrots Cafe Darlinghurst || Yulli's Surry Hills 
Drank at: The Dolphin Hotel Surry Hills 

© An Integral Design. Design by Fearne.