San Francisco



The last time I visited San Francisco was 12 years ago. Needless to say, I was well overdue for a trip to the bay area.

As an adult, I've had the luxury of working for a company that spans the U.S. and have taken advantage of working out of offices in different cities. In part, I love being able to connect with other architects and seeing the work that is happening in our offices, but it also makes weekend trips flexible... when looking for the cheapest flights. After working a full Thursday, I took the rest of the week off to enjoy 3 full days in the city by the bay.







It should be a surprise to no one when I say that I fell in love with the little duplexes that make up the outskirts of the city. Each block and each home has slight stylistic changes and overall are very different than Seattle housing, or most other major cities for that matter. I was going to mention that it's really easy to get around, but then I had trauma-induced flashbacks of being stuck in their metro system, and also of trying to bike up the massive hill by Mission Dolores Park so I'll just go ahead and retract that statement. I will say though that in general, there are a lot of different ways to get around the city. We used ride-share, bike-share, and scooter-share systems, as well as rode the bus, took the metro, and the BART in addition to a lot of walking. Trying to see as much as possible, we were constantly on the move from neighborhood to neighborhood.

Oh, and what's a trip to California without seeing the beach??




Ate
Bottelón | Tartine Manufactury | Gracias Madre | Tacolicious | Media Noche | Plow | a Mano | Homage | The Mill | Judahlicious | Cafe Reveille 
Drank
Blue Bottle Coffee | Ritual Coffee Roasters | Juice Shop | The Slanted Door | Stable Cafe
Saw
SFMOMA | Conservatory of Flowers | De Young Museum | Palace of Fine Arts | Cathedral of Saint Mary | Golden Gate Park | Golden Gate Bridge (duh)
© An Integral Design. Design by Fearne.