#woohawyeehey



Almost three years ago I went to Austin, Texas for the first time. It was a lot to take in (having been with a very large group of people and also having very exciting yet rigorous schedules planned for each day we were there) but now, three years later I think I kind of fell in love with it.



We started the trip with an amazing brunch at Zocalo, followed by a walk around a Sunday thrift market where I ended up pining over brass bookends (why? I have a thing for brass apparently) and ended up getting a pair of geese heads which will be that quirky home decoration that I'll have for the rest of my life, always reminding me of this trip. After that, we headed to the Blanton Museum of Art which had beautiful natural light coming in from its atrium space, and a super cool tile installation. We also went to another museum that can only be described as "How Texas is Texas?" featuring the entire history of this politically aggressive state.

The following day featured kayaking and the best chocolate-peanut butter covered frozen bananas from Bananarchy. Another involved shopping along South Congress and eating at the South Congress Cafe, where we had the most persistent waiter who basically ordered for me - this was fine since everything was fantastic.



Over the course of the trip, we saw some # SXSW events, everyone but me got tattooed, went to the constantly changing but always beautiful HOPE Outdoor gallery, and I ate the best taco of my entire life at Tacodeli (shoutout again to Melany for the recommendation). I probably ate too many tacos, spent a little too much money and too much sun for my pale skin, but it was one of the most fun and relaxing trips I've taken in a while. Thank you so much, Maggie, for hosting us and as always I am constantly in awe of the amazing friends that blogging has allowed for me to make.




© An Integral Design. Design by Fearne.